The notorious case of Enron focused the world’s attention on the corporate structure and management of business. The associated demise of Arthur Andersen shocked the accounting profession. Using real world examples and case studies throughout, Lisa Weaver’s course blends theoretical underpinnings with practical advice on creating efficient and effective management structures that minimise risk. It is fully up to date and covers the UK Corporate Governance Code (which was revised in May 2010), Sarbannes Oxley, and international best practice.
Corporate Governance enables the learner to:
- Understand the main provisions of Corporate Governance
- Identify governance problems within a company
- Establish effective board management including remuneration and audit committees
- Understand why poor governance has led to corporate scandal in the past
- Use governance principles to create successful business strategies
Accounting and finance professionals in practice and in industry.